E-commerce is a continually evolving environment where competitors are constantly emerging, customer expectations are continually rising, and supply chain execution is increasingly significant.
Q: How can I integrate e-commerce into my existing supply chain and make it profitable?
A: By gaining insight into critical performance drivers and developing actionable solutions.
SNAPSHOT is a quick, simple and valuable initiative that provides rapid, detailed analysis of key logistics functions.
SIMPLE – it can use a transactional data source of any format
QUICK – the process is efficiently completed in 4-8 weeks
VALUABLE – it has proven ability to impact your bottom line
During 4-8 weeks, SNAPSHOT will identify tangible and actionable cost-savings and improvement opportunities. This minimizes client time, effort and investment and demonstrates future analytics possibilities.
- LPP receives transactional data
- Any electronic format accepted
- One year’s data preferred
- Identify the Area of Focus
- Discover the greatest need for expense reductions and performance visibility
- Ex. D2C shipping, IB Freight, Freight Audit, 3PL Audit, Returns Shipping
- Generate tangible solutions via:
- Client Operational Review
- LPP gathers insight and information on key operational processes, constraints and ‘unknowns’ that impact the agreed-upon ‘area of focus’
- A logistics-focused technology platform
- LPP utilizes a web-based, business intelligence platform configured to support:
- The extract, transform and load of various logistics data sources (ex. EDI, ERP, etc.)
- Logistics-based data customization and advanced, multi-dimensional analyses
- Client Operational Review
- Proven solution-generation experience
- LPP leverages its knowledge and experience to turn DATA into DOLLARS
SNAPSHOT analysis results in two valuable deliverables:
- Expense ReductionA comprehensive list of operational improvement opportunities, including:
- Supporting analysis results
- Valuation and prioritization
- Examples of operational improvements identified and valuated include:
- Performance VisibilityAn active business intelligence environment to support:
- Review and validation of opportunities
- Insight on key metrics (ex. Order/Shipment statistics)
- Hands-on client use of the platform
Background – A mass retailer with 1200+ stores and 5K+ vendors needed to improve expense reduction, cost recovery and direct-to-store delivery.
- Parcel spending was increasing with more ‘just-in-tie’ and direct-to-store shipments
- The 3PL was unable to support parcel rate audit
- No ability to analyze or assess parcel cost or performance
SNAPSHOT analysis – cost recovery and operational improvement – of all parcel shipping over 18 month period
- $1M+ in refunds on carrier billing errors
- $4M+ in savings opportunities including shipment consolidation, zone-skipping and future negotiations
- Performance monitoring and additional opportunity identification via BI visibility and analytics
- Store-level cost assignment for DSD shipments